Description of the Railway Scale
TRAPPER SRS electronic railway scales are designed for weighing railway wagons when stopped (static weighing). TRAPPER SRS railway scales are suitable wherever highly precise, commercial weighing of rail wagons, loading/unloading of tankers, or loading of rail wagons to the required value directly on weighbridges is required.
- Accurate and reliable commercial weighing
- Extremely fast installation without on-site concreting
- Possibility of integrating the scale into the control system for automatic loading of the wagons to the desired value
- Maintenance-free operation
- Design approved by railway authorities in the field of installations within the railway network as well as on company sidings
- Modular system
- Intrinsically safe EEx-i option
Specifications of the Static Railway Scale
TRAPPER SRS scales can be designed as single-weighbridge scales (for weighing short rail wagons up to outer axle distance of 10 m) or as multi-weighbridge scales, usually consisting of two weighbridge modules. The lengths and the number of static scale modules are chosen with regard to the range of vehicles to be weighed. Due to the modular design of the TRAPPER SRS railway scales, the optimum composition of modules can be designed for the possibility of weighing rail wagons without suspension.
TRAPPER SRS scales are characterized by the very low construction height of the structure installed in the track. The modular design allows for an optimal composition of individual weighbridges to take into account the spectrum of weighed rail wagons.
TRAPPER SRS railway scales are available in two versions. These two versions do not require any on-site pre-installation concreting. The first option consists of the weighbridge forming a compact unit with the steel frame, laid directly on the thickened gravel bed. The second option is to mount the weighbridge into a prefabricated flat base (pit), which is part of the scale delivery.
Both concepts allow for extremely fast installation with minimal costs of construction readiness without on-site concreting.
Weighing Information Management
The superstructure of the weighing system of the railway scale involves a personal computer with the weighing and data-processing software ScalexPC in the graphic environment of MS Windows.
The system ScalexPC enables the user to weigh comfortably and to process data extensively, which includes the integration of the scale into the company information system (data export/import). The scale software is easy and intuitive to use.
Technical Specification of the Static Railway Scale
Weighbridge: a steel structure with a module length of 4.5 m to 10 m (the number and length of the weighbridge modules depends on the range of rail wagon being weighed).
Weighing method: static.
Weight capacity: 150 tons.
Verification piece: 50 kg.
Weighing accuracy: static according to ČSN EN 45501 – accuracy class III.
Type approval number: TC5673; D02-09-024; DK 0199.37; No. FI 10.1.01.
Variants: TRAPPER SRS with a steel compact frame (total height 620 mm) / TRAPPER SRS with a prefabricated reinforced-concrete base pit (total height including base pit 750 mm).
Installation method: on a thickened gravel bed without on-site concreting.
Transit speed: up to 40 km/h.
Optional Scale Accessories
- Positioning system for automatic determination of the vehicle position for weighing
- Automatic loading of carriages to the required value
- Data-processing software ScalexPC in the graphic environment of MS Windows
- Comprehensive software system for the management of company siding
- Visualization of the weighbridge area
- Outer display
- Integration of the scale into the company’s IS
- Intrinsically safe EEx-i option